Friday, December 28, 2012

2012: A Year in Review

One year, 80 blog posts, and countless delicious meals later, 2012 is speeding to a close.

Here are my top five posts from 2012. Although these were certainly some of my favorite dishes, I selected them because they were your favorites. They were the recipes that were most visited, were pinned the most times, and the recipes where viewers to the site lingered the longest.



This bread couldn't be easier to make. There's no kneading and very little mixing required. It's a breeze to make a few loaves, and I always tuck one away in the freezer to have later. Bonus: It's delicious. Each slice is like a hearty English muffin. 



This cake is light despite its layers, and the homemade lemon curd really stands out as a tart contrast in between the cake layers and lightly sweetened frosting. It's a great special occasion cake. I originally made it for a baby shower, and looking back it's hard to believe that little baby is now crawling all around!



Blue Sky Bakery is, by far, my favorite place to get muffins in Brooklyn, and this muffin was a delicious tribute to them. Served warm, the cream cheese and chocolate chunks are just a little melty, and they keep each bite of muffin interesting because you just don't know what you're going to get next.



Chocolate, peanuts, and a salty, crunchy crust? Perfection in a slice. Drizzle a little hot fudge sauce over the top, and you've got a fancy dessert that's sure to impress.



Have I mentioned how much I love chocolate and peanut butter? Apparently my roommates did too, because all of my chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars disappeared from the fridge before I was able to take a decent picture of them. Regardless, they were certainly a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment