Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blood Orange and Sake Spritzer


Recently, I hosted one of the founders of The Drift for lunch and a cocktail photo shoot. The day we met up, it was dreary and humid. Today it's 90 degrees in Brooklyn, perfect weather for a cocktail like this.

I decided on blood orange and sake spritzers, inspired by a drink at my local ramen restaurant. They're light, vibrant and refreshing. With just three ingredients (including the adorable garnish), they're perfect for those nights entertaining when you don't want to spend all evening mixing drinks.

For me, it was just a treat to work with Jenn. Her camera and her photography skills far exceed what I've mastered with my iPhone. She shot at angles I'd never even considered, and she took such a variety of photos.


Visit The Drift to access the recipe for the Blood Orange and Sake Spritzer (it couldn't be easier!) and to see more photos of our afternoon together. While you're there, explore the site. They're quickly becoming my go-to resource for what to do in the city, and they're keeping me informed about the lastest music and fashion trends!

4 comments:

  1. You had me at blood orange . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The restaurant near me offers choices of flavors (lemon, grapefruit, and blood orange), and the others don't even tempt me. Blood orange it is! Now I just want to bake with them!

      Delete
  2. Both the cocktails and the get-together sounds so fun! I kind of want this to be my go-to beverage of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie, just popped over to let you know that your link to Food on Friday: Childhood Favourites was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Cheers

    ReplyDelete